Siquijor Island Day Tour



 An Island mystique on its own beauty, identified for witchcraft and magical legends long time ago is now well loved and patronized by Filipinos and popularly visited by tourists from different parts of the world undeniably making interesting stories in the online travel sites.


 ________________



Siquijor located down south of Cebu and Dumaguete Philippines is now a favorite destination included in most travel bucket list offering so many attractions from caving, mangroves, Spring Parks, Waterfalls, Beach Hopping, Diving and Snorkeling activities.

The Island presents an ideal summer getaway for everyone, families, friends, solo travels. Though it’s quite far talking about traveling time on a land trip as it’s all worth it, as it won’t surely fail you for an enjoyable holiday.






Finally this summer I have made it realized, another mark in my wishlist as I spent three days of vacation and my first time to travel alone in a mysterious province.


A total of 9-hour journey coming from Cebu city with bus and ferry ride enjoying every scenic view trailing along Southside via Oslob to cross to Dumaguete, then another RORO ride sending me to my summer trail for 2016.




The province used to be a very laid back place years ago because of different horror tales and supernatural tricks.

As I can recall when I was a kid my parents had visited the place making me so curious and I kept asking for stories if there’s anything creepy experience they can share:- )






Arriving around 6:00 in the evening at Siquijor port with no apprehensions traveling with my driver in a motorcycle, then suddenly I thought a second hey I’m already here alone but never worried nor afraid. 

I have stopped thinking about all those scary stories as the goodness of the locals and the festive atmosphere had welcomed me when I arrived.

Finally, I have traveled again,
 Trail of smiles in Siquijor and Yes I am traveling solo!




This is one tourist destination in the Philippines I wanted to brag that I did not experience any feeling that someone took advantage in terms of prices and further expenses.

The majority had been very accommodating since day one and I hope the people from the beautiful island would still maintain that friendly vibe. 

Surely Tourist in the flock is expected to rise with this kind of atmosphere and character they have shown. 

Long way to go for Siquijor!


HOW TO GO to SIQUIJOR from CEBU
Bus Ride
  • Get to South Bus Terminal
  • Ride the Ceres Bus Dumaguete Bound
  • Bus Ride Stops at Bato Santander via RoRo going to Tampi port Dumaguete
  • Drop off at Dumaguete Port

FERRY Ride
  • Dumaguete Port to Siquijor Port  VV


  1. GL Alleson
  2. Montenegro
  3. Oceanjet



DAY TOUR OPTIONS
  • Coastal Tour 
  • Mountain Tour

I have chosen a Coastal tour and haggle it down to Php 600 from Php 1000 for a motorcycle ride having my own list of places to visit. 

Other Transportation means:
3 Wheeled Motorcycles – Php 250.00 for 2pax
Motorcycle Rent – Php 300
Van Rentals – Php 2500


ACCOMMODATION
There are a lot of choices from hotels, hostels, bed and breakfast accommodation, to tent rentals, with a number of them located in San Juan. 

Check them out at Trip Advisor for reviews and recommendations.

I stayed at a budget type Bed and Breakfast accommodation in San Juan with easy access to the beach front which was my main purpose. Booked and reserved via AGODA. 

Toris Backpackers Paradise
San Juan Siquijor
Price: Php 410/night for a Double Fan Room with own CR  



MY EXPENSES

SIQUIJOR 2016


3D/2N
Accommodation
1001
Day Tours/Entrances
750
Travel/Bus & Ferry
1215
Food
625






TOTAL (pesos)
3,591.0



Cost and Prices in my Accommodation
  • Php 20 Instant Coffee
  • Php 60 Special Brewed Coffee
  • Php 150 Pizza
  • Php 150 Meals without Rice
  • Php 50 Canned Drinks
  • Php 20 Bottled Water



SAN Juan Toris Backpackers Paradise Beach Front






















MY COASTAL DAY TOUR 
1| BALETE TREE  




2| LAZI CHURCH and CONVENT  





3| STOPOVER at LAZI Highest Point 
  

4| CAMBUGAHAY FALLS







5| SALAGDOONG BEACH





6| GUIWANON SPRING PARK







ENDING THE DAY at SAN JUAN for a BEAUTIFUL SUNSET

I consider this a reward for myself as for the past 6 months had been a challenge at work and I haven't gone away in my base city.

I knew exactly I am destined to leave sooner so I patiently waited for the right timing. 

Now I have finally resigned from my job and 3 days after my last day at work I decided to leave the crowded city packed my stuff for a solo adventure to the land of enchantment in the Philippines, Siquijor!

This vacation gave me quality time to contemplate on my plans and I look forward to the coming years as I make this life-changing decision towards a new direction - I am taking the risk but I know God's plans are always for the best. 




Comments